Sunday, March 1, 2015

Snowy interlude


Silent, white, beautiful, the snow this week gave us a reprieve from our usual busyness. In our neck of the woods, everything shuts down when it snows, at least for the day, and we have a quiet interlude. In this part of the country, when we get a snow storm we get icy conditions and many businesses close; classes and meetings are cancelled; we get a holiday!


My holiday from busyness (most of two weeks) afforded me the opportunity to make progress on decluttering my studio, and to reflect on my schedule. Do I really want to continue with all the things I've committed to? When there’s a meeting, or class, or activity scheduled for almost every day of the week, there’s no time to reflect and no time to create anything, no time to savor. Slowing down for a couple of weeks because of the weather has allowed me to enjoy some quiet time. And I've made progress on decluttering my studio... and decluttering the driveway (hey, I like shoveling snow!)



Everybody needs to take some time, in some way, to quiet themselves and really listen to their heart. ~ Jack Kornfield

1 comment:

  1. I have loved being housebound. No excuses as to why I couldn't sew - quiet time in which to reflect, develop ideas and generally talk to myself *smile*. Today I walked my full up-the-hill walk in a week, and that was wonderful too. Life is good!

    ReplyDelete